Prof. Dr. Elena Simperl
Elena Simperl works as an assistant professor at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology at the Institute AIFB. Before she has held positions at the University of Innsbruck, the Free University of Berlin and the Technical University of Munich. She holds a PhD in Computer Science from the Free University of Berlin and a Diploma in Computer Science from the Technical University of Munich. Among the research projects she was or is involved in are Knowledge Web (EU FP6 Network of Excellence), TripCom (EU FP6 STREP), Salero (EU FP6 IP), LarKC (EU FP7 IP), Active (EU FP7 IP), SOA4All (EU FP7 IP), Service Web 3.0 (EU FP7 SA), INSEMTIVES (EU FP7 STREP), acting as a scientific coordinator in TripCom, Service Web 3.0, and INSEMTIVES, as activity leader in SOA4All, and as project manager of KnowledgeWeb. Her research activities include over 60 scientific publications and the organization of various scientific workshops and conferences. She is the coordinator of the education service within STI International, an association bringing together many of the major players in the fields of semantic technologies.
More information available here.
- 1st International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Applications (INTELLI 2012), Chamonix, France, April, 2012.
- 26th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA 2012), Fukuoka, Japan, March, 2012.
- 11the International Workshop on Web Semantics and Information Processing (Webs 2012) co-located with the 23rd International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2012), Vienna, Austria, September, 2012.
- 4th Semantic Technology and Knowledge Engineering Conference (STAKE 2012), Malaysia, September, 2012.
- 1st International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics (WIMS2011), Sogndal, Norway, May, 2011.
- Membership in programme committee: I-Semantics - 7th International Conference on Semantic Systems, Graz, Österreich, 07.-09.09.2011
- Membership in programme committee: EIDWT 2011 - 2nd International Conference on Emerging Intelligent Data and Web Technologies, Tirana, Albanien, 07.-09.09.2011
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2011), Barcelona, Spain, July, 2011.
- Program-chair: ESWC 2011 - 8th Extended Semantic Web Conference, Heraklion, Griechenland, 30.5.-03.06.2010
- 2nd International Workshop on Multi-Agent Systems and Collaboration Technologies (IMASC 2011) at the 2011 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS 2011), Philadelphia, PA, USA, May, 2011.
- General co-chair: IEEE 2010 - 2nd Summer School on Semantic Computing, Berkeley, USA, 25.-31.07.2010
- Membership in programme committee of the Poster and Demo Track: ESWC 2010 - 7th Extended Semantic Web Conference, Heraklion, Griechenland, 30.05.-03.06.2010
- Co-chair of the Software and Services Track: ESWC 2010 - 7th Extended Semantic Web Conference, Heraklion, Griechenland, 30.05.-03.06.2010
- Membership in programme committee of the Doctoral Consortium: ESWC 2010 - 7th Extended Semantic Web Conference, Heraklion, Griechenland, 30.05.-03.06.2010
- Co-chair: FIS 2010 - 3rd Doctoral Consortium at the Future Internet Symposium, 20.-22.09.2010, Berlin
- Membership in programme committe: WebSci 2010 - 10. Web Science Conference, Raleigh, USA, 26. & 27.04.2010.
- Local co-chair: KI 2010 - 33rd Annual German Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Karlsruhe, 21-24.09.2010
- Membership in programme committee: SAMT 2010 - 5th International Conference on Semantic and Digital Media Technologies, Saarbrücken, 01.-03.12.2010
- Membership in programme committee: I-Semantics 2010 - 6th International Conference on Semantic Systems, Graz, Österreich, 07.-09.09.2010