Dr. Michael Färber
Michael Färber is a postdoctoral researcher with an assistant professorship role in Prof. Dr. York Sure-Vetter's Web Science group at the Institute AIFB of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany, since April 2019.
Michael's research interests are in
- natural language processing,
- machine learning, and
- knowledge representation (e.g., Semantic Web).
Recently developed demonstration systems:
- PaperHunter: http://paperhunter.net
- ScholarSight: http://scholarsight.org
- Linked Crunchbase: http://linked-crunchbase.org/
Recently created data sets:
Open Positions and Theses
Current calls for Bachelor/Master thesis:
|Thema4420||Wie fair sind Forscher? Eine Analyse von Zerrungen bzgl. Zitaten in wissenschaftlichen Publikationen|
|Thema4421||Implementing an Approach for Linking Text to the Knowledge Graph Wikidata|
|Thema4423||Automatically Recommending Citations for Texts Using Neural Networks|
|Thema4480||Entwicklung einer Suchmaschine für Datensätze|
|Thema4482||How Do Successful Startups Look Like? Predicting the Success of Startups and Tech Companies|
|Thema4520||Learning Machine Learning-based Embeddings for Entities, States, and Events|
|Thema4554||Google, Microsoft, & Co. – How Big is the Influence of Enterprises on Computer Science Research?|
All topics are open to English and German speaking students.
Many of the thesis topics can also be written at a partner institution abroad (e.g. in Japan, Italy, France) and funded by the DAAD, given that the application is made one year in advance. More information under Web_Science/DAAD-Stipendium/en.
External Link: https://mediatingmachines.com/
External Link: https://digilog-bw.de
External Link: http://www.pro-data.org
- Semantic Search, Machine Learning, Text Mining, Semantical Annotation, Information Extraction, Natural Language Processing, Knowledge Discovery, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Semantic Web