Student Assistant (HiWi) for Web and Front-/Back-End Development
We are looking for a student who will assist us in the development of an institute-wide Website, Front-End as well as Back-End development and related research.
What are the typical tasks?
• Implementing – under our guidance – novel features into our websites and other applications
• Creating (small) front-end applications for demonstrations
• Applying security patches, SEO techniques, Stability Testing
• Semi-regularly updating a website with current and upcoming events
• Server monitoring, Code Refactoring.
What prerequisites do you need?
• You enjoy technical and implementation work on webservers and seeing your work have an impact on a large audience
• You have an independent & knowledge-hungry mindset, and feel at ease diving into code to understand interconnections
• Some experience among some of the following: HTML, PHP, SQL, Docker, Mediawiki, Bootstrap, Unix-based Systems, Git, SSH, CI/CD
• Programming skills (e.g., Python, Java) are also a plus.
What do we offer for you?
• A contract with 40-80h per month. The salary is 12.36€ per hour (depending on the university degree). The contract can last between 2 and 6 months (option for extension).
• Flexible working hours, also working at home possible.
• Insight into a diverse technical ecosystem you may learn a lot from.
• State-of-the-art research can be performed and will be published e.g. at conferences together with the supervisor.
Starting date: As soon as possible. Also later applications (in some months) are welcome.
Please send your questions and application (with a short CV and a transcript of records) per email to Kristian Noullet
Student Assistants / Tutors