Postdoctoral Researcher in the Research Group Systems, Data, Simulation & Energy
A postdoctoral researcher position is available at the newly established research group Systems, Data, Simulation & Energy (SYDSEN) at the AIFB Institute. The SYDSEN research group deals with the use of data for providing decision support and enhancing energy efficiency, reliability and other performance metrics of cyber-physical systems, such as energy systems or smart manufacturing systems. In particular, our focus is on the development of new methods and approaches for data-driven modeling and simulation and its seamless integration with expert knowledge.
Your activities will include research in the field of data-driven modeling and simulation for enhancement of energy efficiency and energy systems. In addition to research work, you will be also active in coordination and teaching of courses that are offered by the research group, and you will be involved in science administration.
- A doctoral degree in computer science, software engineering, data science or similar,
- Solid publication record in data-driven approaches,
- Strong ambition towards excellence in science and technology at the highest international level is expected,
- Experience in teaching is highly appreciated,
- Experience with writing proposals is highly appreciated,
- Experience in modeling and simulation is highly appreciated,
- Good knowledge of German or the willingness to learn it,
- Good command of English.
The remuneration occurs on the basis of the wage agreement of the civil service in EG-13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
1. January 2023 or soon thereafter
limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
For further information, please contact Prof. Sanja Lazarova-Molnar, email: sanja lazarova-molnar∂kit edu.
Please send CV, transcripts and a copy of your PhD thesis (draft is ok), names of two references and a motivation letter stating your research interests to sanja lazarova-molnar∂kit edu, subject: "PostDoc application". Send all documents as a single PDF; give the PDF a name that includes your name. The positions are open until filled.
vacancy number: 2239/2022
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore, we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.
Postdocs / Project Managers / Scientific Assistants
No information available
No information available