PostDoc / Senior Researcher (m/f/d) - Knowledge Graphs
We are recruiting for the position of a PostDoc / Senior Researcher (m/f/d) starting as soon as possible.
• The offered position will be in the FIZ ISE research team
• Innovative research on ISE research topics including scientific publications, third party funding proposals, active involvement in professional academic activities
• Teaching (at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, KIT) is not mandatory, but welcome on a volunteer basis
• Supervision of master & bachelor theses, Co-supervision of FIZ ISE PhD students
• We offer a productive and continuously evolving research environment, in which you can discuss ideas with ISE team members working on related topics as well as the opportunity to set up your own research team
• Our goal is to perform internationally leading research which can be applied in high impact use cases
This position is part of the NFDI4Culture project on research data infrastructures for material and immaterial cultural heritage. NFDI4Culture is part of the German Research Data Infrastructure initiative. Particular tasks within the project will be the design, implementation, population and management of the NFDI4Culture knowledge graph. Moreover, the position is connected with a co-lead of the NFDI4Culture Technical Coordination Office for overall technical management and support of the technical developments within the consortium.
Qualifications and Skills:
• An completed PhD and Master degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Publications of research results in renowned, peer-reviewed journals and conferences
• Proven software engineering skills and the ability to develop mature software components beyond pure research prototypes
• Successful supervision of bachelor and master students
• Successful collaborations with other research groups, industry, as well as open-source and community initiatives, for example, in the context of publicly funded collaborative research projects
• Successful competition for funding by national and international funding bodies
• Excellent English skills, written and spoken, German language skills are beneficial
Expertise in one or more of the following fields of research:
• Knowledge Graphs and Semantic Web Technologies
• Ontologies and Ontological Engineering
• Machine Learning and Deep Learning
• Knowledge Discovery and Knowledge Mining
The candidate should be highly self-motivated, be interested in tackling challenging research problems, have organizational skills, be open minded, and have scientific leadership potential.
Your salary will be based on the collective agreement for public sector employees (German Tarifvertrag öffentlicher Dienst (TVöD)) and will depend on your profile. The position is limited to two years with an optional extension.
How to apply:
Excellent candidates are invited to apply with:
• detailed curriculum vitae
• copies of degree certificates/transcripts
• publication record
• writing samples/copies of relevant scientific papers (e.g. thesis, etc.)
• letters of recommendation (preferably at least two)
• a statement of interest/letter of motivation covering your research goals
Please send your complete application documents by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Harald Sack (harald sack∂kit edu).
PhD-Students / Research Associates
No information available
No information available