|Postal Address||For Visitors|
Institute AIFB - Building 05.20
Please note that our building is not open to the public. A telephone module is installed at the entrance, which you can use to get in touch with us (telephone key + five-digit dial-up of the desired contact person). The telephone numbers of our secretariats are displayed at the entrance.
- from Frankfurt Hbf: at least hourly with ICE to Karlsruhe Hbf (partly transfer at Mannheim Hbf)
- from Stuttgart Hbf: hourly with IC/EC to Karlsruhe Hbf
You can reach the campus with the following tramlines:
- Line 2 (Direction Wolfartsweier) to Stop Kronenplatz
- Line S1/S11 (Direction Neureut / Hochstetten) to Stop Kronenplatz
- Line S4 (Direction Bretten / Eppingen) to Stop Kronenplatz
Our building is located directly at the tram stop (corner Kaiserstraße/Fritz-Erler-Straße).
- Parking on the KIT campus:
- If you would like to park on the KIT campus, please let us know before your visit, so that we can inform the colleagues in the reception area.
- You will receive your access authorization at the registration on the ground floor of the KIT Library (Campus Map). Please use "Adenauerring 7" as destination for navigation devices or route planners.
- Park on the KIT campus as far to the south-west as possible, eg between buildings 11.20 and 11.40 (Campus Map).
- From there, walk towards crossroad Kaiserstraße/Fritz-Erler-Straße and cross it. Directly at the crossroad is our building (Kaiserstraße 89, Bldg. 05.20, Campus Map).
- Parking in the Institute’s Building:
- Directly in the Institute’s Building is a public underground garage ("Parkgarage Kaiserstraße", access via Fritz-Erler-Straße, fee-based). More detailed information can be found on the website of the operator.
- A direct access from the underground garage to the upper floors is unfortunately not possible. Please leave the underground garage via one of its exits and go to the main entrance outside the building (Kaiserstraße 89, Bldg. 05.20, Campus Map).
On the following page you will find some pictures of our institute's building: