Student for assistance with 3D simulations in the context of autonomous driving
Simulations are an essential part of training and testing autonomous driving functions and come with a range of benefits over real-world experiments. Game engine-based 3D simulation environments such as
CARLA, Microsoft AirSim, IPG CarMaker or NVIDIA DriveSim offer versatile possibilities for the simulation of sensor technology, vehicle dynamics, etc.
I am in search for a student (m/f/d) to support me with configuration, implementation and possibly extension of simulation environments (primarily CARLA).
- Integration of our AV software stack with CARLA for testing and data collection
- Integration of available open-source AV software stacks (openPilot, Autoware, ...) with CARLA
- Implementation of scripts for dynamic creation and resimulation of traffic scenarios in CARLA
- Creation of new maps and assets for CARLA and Unreal 4
- General support in software development (primarily Python) in the context of simulations
What we expect
- Good knowledge and experience with Python
- Basic Linux knowledge and experience
- Basic knowledge of 3D modeling (Blender) or willingness to acquire such
- Willingness and ability to acquire new technical knowledge and understand scientific papers
- Optional: Basic knowledge in the field of machine learning
- Cover letter (3-4 sentences)
- Brief CV (max. 2 pages)
- Excerpt of latest academic achievements
Please email applications to muetsch∂kit edu.
Student Assistants / Tutors