Thema4294: Unterschied zwischen den Versionen
Aktuelle Version vom 24. März 2020, 21:39 Uhr
Abschlussarbeitstyp: Bachelor, Master
Betreuer: Anton Grube
Forschungsgruppe: Critical Information Infrastructures
Beginn: 04. April 2019
Information systems avoid drawbacks of convention information provision methods (eg, patient information leaflets) regarding readability, comprehensibility, and content. Besides improving the presentation of drug information, information systems can contribute to the solution of the prevalent problem of drug adherence by alleviating the process of obtaining knowledge about the pharmaceutical drugs patients are taking. However, patients often do not comply with prescribed regimens. This worsens the overall morbidity and mortality rates. Besides the negative impact on patients' state of health, poor drug adherence raises the overall cost of healthcare due to an increased need fo medical treatments, e.g. hospitalizations.Adherence can be defined as the extent to which a patient acts in accordance with the prescribed interval and does of a regimen. Enhancing adherence is a multifaceted challenge. Various factors have been reported to influence adherence: level of education, level of knowledge on illness and drugs, quality of physician-patient communication, duration of illness, costs of medication, necessary lifestyle changes, and the social environment of patients. The multitude of factors reported to affect adherence as well as contradicting results determined in different studies show that improving adherence is a complex problem that needs to be further addressed.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Identification of opportunities and challenges for leveraging mobile IS health care
- Management of sensitive patient information on mobile devices to enable personalized information provision
- Design and analysis of personalization features for mobile drug information provision apps, based on patients' state of health, lifestyle, and treatment plan
- Development of innovative representation methods for personalized drug information provison on mobile devices
- Investigation and evaluation of the utility of mobile health apps in outpatient use
- When should we use patient-centered apps and when it is better not to?
- Personalization of drug information for patients: Does personalized drug information leads to better comprehension?
This are umbrella topics since topics of interest change rapidly. A specific topic will be refined during a first meeting.
Tam, K.Y. and Ho, S.Y., "Understanding the impact of web personalization on user information processing and decision outcomes", MIS Quarterly, 30(4), 2006, pp. 865–890.
Salonen, V. and Karjaluoto, H., "Web personalization: The state of the art and future avenues for research and practice", Telematics and Informatics, 33(4), 2016, pp. 1088–1104.
Paul RJ, Ezz I, Kuljis J. Healthcare Information Systems: A Patient-User Perspective. Health Systems. 2012 Dec;1(2):85–95.
Steinhubl SR, Muse ED, Topol EJ. Can Mobile Health Technologies Transform Health Care? JAMA. 2013;310(22):2395–6.