Information Service Engineering/en
= Information Service Engineering=
The Research Group Information Service Engineering is a joint effort of FIZ Karlsruhe - Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure and the Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) with a focus on the following research topics:
- Knowledge Graphs and Linked Data Engineering
- Knowledge Representations and Ontological Engineering
- Hybrid AI (Combining Symbolic and Sub-symbolic Knowledge Representation)
- Semantic Search and Exploratory Search
- Multimedia Analysis, Information Extraction and Knowledge Mining
- Recommender Systems
- Natural Language Processing
Current news, open thesis topics, etc. can be found on Twitter.
An introduction in ISE research topics knowledge graphs, Natural Language Processing, and Machine Learning can be found at the ISE Youtube Channel.
SEMANTiCS conference is the leading European conference on Semantic Technologies and AI. Researchers, industry experts and business leaders can develop a thorough understanding of trends and application scenarios in the fields of Machine Learning, Data Science, Linked Data and Natural Language Processing. The 15th edition will be hosted this year in Karlsruhe (Germany).
SEMANTiCS is an established knowledge hub where technology professionals, industry experts, researchers and decision makers can learn about new technologies, innovations and enterprise implementations in the fields of Linked Data and Semantic AI. Since 2005, the conference series has focused on semantic technologies, which are today together with other methodologies such as NLP and machine learning the core of intelligent systems. The conference highlights the benefits of standards-based approaches.
- Mehwish Alam
- Russa Biswas
- Oleksandra Vsesviatska
- Yiyi Chen
- Genet Asefa Gesese
- Fabian Hoppe
- Harald Sack
- Cristian Santini
- Ann Tan
- Tabea Tietz
- Mahsa Vafaie
- Information Service Engineering, Vorlesung
- Advanced topics in Natural Language Processing - Metaphor Processing in Natural Language (Master), Seminar (findet statt im SS)
- Seminar Representation Learning for Knowledge Graphs, Seminar (findet statt im WS)
- Praktikum Coding da Vinci - Cultural Heritage Hackathon, Praktikum (findet statt im SS)
- Projektpraktikum Information Service Engineering, Praktikum (findet statt im WS)
Master Thesis Information