Michael Färber/en: Unterschied zwischen den Versionen
(Auto create by AifbPortalExt)
|Zeile 1:||Zeile 1:|
Version vom 17. Dezember 2016, 18:33 Uhr
Dr. Michael Färber
- Substitute Professor
- Phone: +49 721 608 465 92
- Email: michael faerber∂kit edu
- Room: 5A-20 (Building: 05.20)
- natural language processing,
- machine learning, and
- knowledge representation (e.g., knowledge graphs).
Current research foci:
- scholarly data mining and
Online Demo Systems
Recently developed demonstration systems:
- C-Rex: http://c-rex.org
- ... recommends citations for given texts.
- PaperHunter: http://paperhunter.net
- ... provides, among other things, the sentences in which searched papers are cited.
- ScholarSight: http://scholarsight.org
- ... allows the exploration of trends from scientific concepts.
- Linked Crunchbase: http://linked-crunchbase.org
- ... allows to query information about startups and innovative companies in the Semantic Web format RDF.
Recently created data sets:
- DSKG: http://dskg.org
- ...a knowledge graph representing datasets.
- unarXive: http://unarxive.org
- ... contains the full texts of all papers on arXive.org with further annotations.
- Microsoft Academic Knowledge Graph: http://ma-graph.org
- ... a knowledge graph containing the metadata of almost all publications in all scientific disciplines.
- FAIRnets: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3885249
- ...a knowledge graph with metadata about neural networks.
Code & Data
- The implementations are linked in the publications and can usually be found on GitHub.
- Created datasets are linked in the publications and can usually be found on Zenodo.
Open Positions and Theses
Open PhD/Postdoc Positions
In the area of natural language processing, machine learning, or knowledge graphs, I have open positions available. If you are interested in it, feel free to write me an informal email.
Open student assistant jobs (Hiwis)
- in the area of machine learning, natural language processing, and/or Semantic Web technologies: 
- in Semantic MediaWiki or PHP: .
- for knowledge graph-based methods for explaining recommender systems: .
- for knowledge graph-based technology forecast and technology and innovation management (TIM).
Current calls for Bachelor/Master thesis
|Thema4574||Deep Learning + Knowledge Graphs|
|Thema4772||GPT-3, BERT & Co.: When to use which language model?|
|Thema4420||Wie fair sind Forscher? Eine Analyse von Zerrungen bzgl. Zitaten in wissenschaftlichen Publikationen|
|Thema4771||Analyzing the Influence of Enterprises and Countries on AI Research|
|Thema4423||Automatically Recommending Citations for Texts Using Neural Networks|
I have supervised more than 40 Bachelor/Master theses.
All topics are open to English and German-speaking students.
Many of the thesis topics can also be written at a partner institution abroad (e.g. in Japan, Italy, France) and funded by the DAAD, given that the application is made 7 months in advance. In the past, theses supervised by Dr. Färber were already funded. More information under Web_Science/DAAD-Stipendium/en.
- Semantic Search, Knowledge Representation And Reasoning, Machine Learning, Text Mining, Semantical Annotation, Information Extraction, Natural Language Processing, Digital Libraries, Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Semantic Web, Trustworthy AI